Below is a pH food chart that gives a list of what foods create alkalinity in the body and what foods create acidity. The blood in your body is designed for an optimum pH of 7.36 with a very narrow tolerance of 7.30 to 7.45. One of the primary things your body does is to regulate its alkalinity because anything outside of that tolerance causes disease and death.
In our modern society, most of our diet causes extreme acidity in the body (that will become very clear when you see the ph food chart below), so in order to compensate, there are eight acid buffering systems the body uses – and if it continues to use them too long, disease and death are the inevitable outcomes. You can see why it is so important for you to help your body’s systems by eating high pH foods whenever possible! The eight acid buffering techniques are as follows:
- Increase oxygenation
- Utilize amino acid reserves
- Utilize high pH body fluids
- Pull high pH electrolytes from bones, teeth and muscle
- Filter acids through elimination routes
- Manufacture high pH bicarbonate ions
- Push excess acids to outer extremities
- Dump acids into the blood and vital organs
Symptoms that your body is (or has been) working too hard to keep its pH balance and remove the overabundance of toxins that cause imbalance are:
- Stage One: Loss of energy and/or strength, mental “fogginess”, depression
- Stage Two: Sluggishness, a feeling of being burned out, feeling “under the weather” without the ability of being diagnosed by your doctor as actually being “sick”.
- Stage Three: Itching, skin rashes, burning eyes, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, or other forms of irritation in the body
- Stage Four: Allergies, inflammation, immuno-suppression, redness, swelling, pain, heat accompanied by loss of function
- Stage Five: Hardening of the arteries, skin eruptions, open sores, ulcers, cataracts, cysts, polyps, liver spots, kidney stones, calloused feet, calcium spurs and gall stones
- Stress ulcers, stasis ulcers, trophic ulcers, peptic ulcers or ulcerative colitis. The body’s circulatory function is completely impaired and results in an attempt to get rid of toxins through the eyes, nose, mouth, ears or the skin via eruptions of toxic blood and pus.
- Stage Seven: Excessive fungal growth in the blood and organs, cancerous tumors, cells stop regenerating altogether causing death
pH Food Chart
Here’s the pH food chart I talked about earlier. Remember, that just because a food tests acidic by itself, doesn’t mean that it creates acidity in the body. Nor does a food that tests alkaline necessarily cause alkalinity in the body. The reason for that is that after being “burned” in digestion, a food creates an inorganic compound based on its nutrients. If this compound primarily consists of sodium, potassium or calcium then it is an alkalizing food. If it contains more sulfur, phosphate or chloride then it is an acidifying food.